Gabriola Soccer Association
Parent Code of Conduct
Player Name: ____________________________________________________________
Parent Name: ____________________________________________________________
The GSA’s Codes of Conduct establish a clear set of guidelines for the coach, player and parents/guardians. Its primary goal is to help ensure that soccer is a fun, positive and enjoyable experience.
As a parent of a Gabriola Soccer player, I agree to do the following:
- I will send my child ready to play soccer, arriving on time and dressed in his/her uniform as directed in the Player’s Code of Conduct that he/she received.
- I will remember that my child plays soccer for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules, in the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship, and to respect the decisions of coaches and referees.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the coaches and referees who work on behalf of the sport.
- I will support all efforts to remove all forms of abuse from the game.
- I will not use drugs, tobacco or alcohol at any soccer practices or games and will remind other parents not to do so.
- I will never question the referee’s decisions in public or in front of players, recognizing that referees are being developed in the same manner as players.
- I will give praise and encouragement to players, including the opposition, for good performances, hard work and fair play so that players see other beneficial outcomes to sport besides winning.
- I will refrain from coaching and instructing players, yelling or belittling any players, including the opposition, no matter what the situation.
- I will volunteer to help my child’s team by coaching, officiating, and/or other needs as required by the coach or soccer association.
Parent Signature: ______________________________________________________