Gabriola Soccer Association
Player Code of Conduct
Player Name: _________________________________________________
The GSA’s Codes of Conduct establish a clear set of guidelines for the coach, player and parents/guardians. Its primary goal is to help ensure that soccer is a fun, positive and enjoyable experience.
As a player with the Gabriola Soccer Association I agree:
- I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will play by the rules of soccer, and in the spirit of the game.
- I will control my temper. I will not fight, “mouth off”, or use bad language.
- I will respect my opponents at all times.
- I will be a team player.
- I will remember that winning is not everything – that having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are most important.
- I will acknowledge all good play – that of my teammates and that of my opponents.
- I will accept the decisions of coaches and referees and show them respect at all times.
- I will develop good listening skills.
- I will work hard, both at and outside of practice, to develop my skills.
Games and Practices
- I agree that practices and games are equally important.
- I will arrive at least 10 minutes before practices and 30 minutes before games.
- If I cannot make a game or a practice, I will notify the coach at least 24 hours in advance so that arrangements for substitutes can be made.
- If for any reason I have not been able to attend a game or practice, I will contact my coach as soon as possible.
- I will wear shin guards and appropriate footwear at all games and practices.
- I will wear outerwear appropriate to the weather.
- I will remove any jewelry, watches, or any item that may cause injury to me, my teammates, or opposing players prior to participating in games or practices.
- My uniform will be clean for every game.
- My uniform will be in the same condition when I return it at the end of the season as it was when I received it at the beginning of the season.
Player Signature: ____________________________ Parent Signature: ___________________________